Difference between revisions of "2012 Data Discussion"
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
Revision as of 23:11, 2 July 2012
- The following is the agenda of work posted under business for canSAS-2012. Please add comments here:
- 1D Format
- agree a proposed foreign namespace extension of the current 1D standard (required to enable, for example, t-o-f instruments to store auxillary wavelength-dependent non-I(Q) data in the same output files)
- agree resultant changes to the schema/stylesheet
ARJN - I would recommend that during this meeting that the current format then be 'parked', the new 2D format should be flexible enough to handle 1D and 2D data
- 2D Format
- define minimum necessary for reduced data
- review previous discussions on 2D
- considerations specific to 2D reduced data
- consider forward looking issues such as
- grazing incidence
- event mode analysis
- suggest format framework (NeXus extension, canSAS 1D extension, other) with brief discussion of the reason for the choice (including options considered, pros and cons of each, and final weighing)
- Guide to how to make implementation easy.
- Create straw format suitable for test/demonstration use and convert some test data for such a demonstration.
- Provide a plan for presentation at SAS 2012
- A proposal for a 2D version of the canSAS 1D data format has been posted for discussion: 2D Data Format Proposal
- NeXus has a definition for multi-dimensional data:
Ron Ghosh has laid out details of a proposal to use HDF5/Nexus : HDF5 Notes Ghosh